For starters, these little legumes are packed with vitamins and minerals such as folate and iron, crucial to metabolic function, as well as potassium and magnesium which aid in muscle and nerve function.
Watch as Chef Lauren Chimilar serves up a wonderful Lentil recipe for you to try!
Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse
1 cup 36% cream
4 ½ oz dark chocolate (Callebaut preferred)
2 tbsp butter unsalted
3 lg eggs separated
1 tbsp sugar
- Gently melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Water should be steaming but not simmering. Stir gently until smooth consistency. Remove from heat and allow to cool until slightly warm to the touch.
- Add yolks to chocolate.
- While chocolate is cooling. Whip cream to soft peaks, refrigerate
- Clean mixing bowl and whip egg whites to soft peaks.
- Gently fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the chocolate. Gently fold ½ whipped egg whites. Fold in remaining egg whites, followed by remaining whipped cream. This will produce a very light and airy mousse. Refrigerate.
Ingredients for Red Lentil and Raspberry Mousse
2 cup red lentil fully cooked and cooled
1 cup raspberry jam
1 cup cream cheese
1 tsp anise seed
1 tbsp sugar
1 ½ cup 36% cream
- Whip cream to soft peaks, refrigerate.
- In a food processor or blender, add the remaining lentil mousse ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Gently fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the lentil mix, followed by the remaining cream.
Making the Lasagna
1 250g pack of Graham wafers
One 2” deep 8×11 inch pan
- Lightly coat pan with non-stick spray or butter
- Spread a thin layer of lentil mousse on bottom. This will help hold the wafers in place.
- Place a layer wafers on the mousse.
- Spread a layer of chocolate mousse.
- Add another layer of wafers.
- Finish with a layer of red lentil raspberry mousse.
- Refrigerate and allow to fully set, approximately 4 hours or overnight.
Chocolate sauce, fresh raspberries, and mint
- Cut lasagna into 8 equal portions
- Drizzle plates with sauce, plate lasagna, finish with mint and raspberries.
Click below to download this tasty dessert recipe!