|2 tbsp||Shallot finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Black peppercorns|
|½ cup||Tarragon fresh rough chop|
|1 Pinch||Dried chili flakes|
|1 cup||White wine|
|3||Large egg yolks|
|1 cup||Clarified butter|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh tarragon chopped|
Yield: 4 portions
- Combine shallot, peppercorns, bay leaf, tarragon, chili
flakes, and wine in a sauce pot. Bring to simmer and low
heat to a slow simmer. Reduce to 2 Tbsp of liquid. Strain
into mixing bowl with egg yolks.
- Whisk yolks with the reduction. Place bowl over barely
simmering water. Continue whisking until yolks thickened
and ribbons form from the whisk. Be careful not to
overcook the eggs. You can remove the bowl from heat
occasionally. This should take 3-5 minutes.
- Hold warm while completing recipe.
|12||Asparagus spears, lower stems removed and bottom 2 inch peeled|
|4||Slices smoked salmon|
|1||Cup spring greens|
|1||Large navel orange|
- Sauté asparagus with extra virgin olive oil over medium
high heat until al dente.
- Peel and segment orange.
- Wrap 3 asparagus with each slice of smoked salmon
- Place greens on each of 4 plates. Top with asparagus wrap.
- Nappe with Bearnaise sauce.
- Place 3 orange segments around the plate. Add a tarragon
leaf on top of each orange segment.