Check out this delicious Street Corn Risotto prepared by Chef Ryan Holm from Verve Aspen Woods!
Yields 4 servings
Time – 45 Minutes
|45 g||White Onion|
|250 g||Arborio Rice|
|1000 ml||*Corn Stock or Vegetable Stock|
|15 ml||Lime Juice|
|4||Corn on the Cobb|
|8||Prosciutto – Bake 325F oven 10-12 minutes or until crisp|
|60 g||Queso Fresco or Feta|
|20 g||Pea Shoots|
- In a saucepan heat up your corn or vegetable stock.
- In another saucepan sweat off onions in oil, when translucent add arborio rice and mix until it is hot to the touch. This will help keep the grain and its starches intact.
- Once the rice is hot and still colorless add the wine and bay leaf to the rice.
- As the wine is incorporated into the rice slowly add the hot stock and simmer. Add it in 4, 250 ml sections. Once the last portion of stock has been incorporated add the lime juice, cilantro, and finish with butter. Finish with corn and cheese. Garnish with crispy pancetta and pea shoots.
- *Corn Stock – Cook cobbs in boiling water for 6 minutes. Remove and cut kernels of the cobb. Reserve kernels for risotto. Simmer cobbs in 3 litres of water for 30-45 minutes. Strain.