Dear Neighbours –
Thank you for your interest in the Riverwalk Retirement Residence. We are sending this update to keep you apprised of its progress and how the construction may affect you.
- Concrete for the parkade and the major components of Level 1 are complete. During April we will be pouring our major Level 2 components and working towards those on Level 3.
- Concrete trucks and a pump will be onsite most days as the team continues their concrete pours.
- Reinforcing steel will be delivered to the site throughout the month. Deliveries occur in the loading zone on 25th Ave SW.
- We will have four crews on site during April:
- The Mechanical team will be working on miscellaneous work in the parkade and layouts for Levels 2 & 3.
- The Electrical team will be working on miscellaneous electrical work in the parkade and layouts for Levels 2 & 3.
- The Forming team will be working on the slab and verticals of Level 2 and the Level 3 slab.
- The Rebar team will be working on the exterior walls, columns and slab forming ahead of the concrete pours.
A crew will be back on site as the weather warms up to complete any remaining landscape work and attend to miscellaneous repairs. Should you require additional information about either the Prospect Trail or Triangle Park improvements, please contact Ron Buchan at The City of Calgary (firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.370.9370).
The Primary Construction Contact is Russ Douglas (email@example.com or 403.589.7698).
- There will be various trucks onsite Monday to Friday for delivery of materials, rebar deliveries and concrete pours.
- Deliveries will take place in the loading zone of 25th Ave SW.
- All work will be completed during The City of Calgary Bylaw hours as per our permit (Monday-Saturday 7am – 10pm).
- During large pours (Suspended Slab, Main Floors, etc.), work may continue past the normal working hours. However, that work will be completed in accordance with the City of Calgary’s Noise Exemption Permits.
- When needed, we have trained traffic controllers on our site in order to guide our trucks and local traffic safely and efficiently.
- Our Level 2 slab will be poured on the first two Saturdays in April.
- 25th Ave SW will be closed between 4th ST & 5th ST SW on April 3rd and April 10th to accommodate those larger pours.
Site Safety Measures
- Signage, barriers, fencing, pylons and traffic control personnel are all utilized on the site to ensure the safety of pedestrians and motorists.
- Please obey any signs or traffic control personnel when near this site. They are all there for your safety.
- The crane on site operates within the property lines of our site and is used to assist with deliveries taking place on 25th Ave SW. The crane does not swing over neighbouring properties.
- This construction site will remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic as we are deemed an essential service by the provincial government. We continue to stay informed with up-to-date information, follow all guidelines and meet all standards put in place by the Province of Alberta to ensure we are doing our part in keeping everyone safe.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.
Senior Site Supervisor
T: 403.204.8100 | C: 403.702.6122