Dear Missions Community,
Thank you for your interest in the Riverwalk Senior Living Retirement Residence project. We are sending you this newsletter in order to keep you informed and up-to-date on the project and how it may affect you.
- ENMAX will be closing the northbound laneway and the sidewalk on 5th Street SW from 24th Ave SW to 25th Ave SW as temporary power services are being brought to the site. Closures will take place from April 6 – April 14, 2020, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Geothermal drilling is now completed and we will have two shoring rigs on-site during the month of April 2020.
- For the duration of April, Saturday’s will be full working days. No drilling will take place over the weekend, but we will be removing access dirt from the site via dump trucks.
- April 10th is Good Friday and the site will be closed.
Traffic and Noise
- The shoring rigs and crew will be on-site five days a week (Monday to Friday).
- The dump trucks removing the access dirt from the site will be working Saturdays.
- All work will be completed during in compliance with The City of Calgary Bylaws as per our permit (Monday to Saturday 7 am – 10 pm)
- There is currently a generator running 24/7 on-site. The generator has been enclosed in order to reduce noise and is below the noise levels the City permits. Once ENMAX has completed the temporary power services, the generator will be removed from the site.
- We have two site entrances. The main entrance is in the alley connecting 4 St SW and 5 St SW so it impedes traffic as little as possible. The secondary entrance is located on 25 Ave SW, which may have smaller vehicles entering and exiting the site.
- When needed, we have trained traffic controllers on our site in order to guide our trucks safely and efficiently.
- The sidewalk on 25th Ave SW is still open. There are protective hoarding and overhead protection for those who use the sidewalk, but if it is possible to use the sidewalks away from the site it is recommended.
Site Safety Measures
- Signage, barriers, fencing, pylons and traffic control personnel are all utilized on this construction site to ensure the safety of pedestrians and motorists.
- Please obey any signs or traffic control personnel when near this site. They are all there for your safety.
- This construction site will remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic, as we are deemed an essential service as per the Alberta Government. The site will continue to stay informed with updated information and follow all guidelines and meet all standards put in place by the Alberta Government to ensure we are doing our part in keeping everyone safe.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.