Dear Neighbours –
Thank you for your interest in the Riverwalk Retirement Residence. We are sending this update to keep you apprised of its progress and how the construction may affect you.
- Concrete trucks and a pump will be onsite most days as the team continues their concrete pours.
- Reinforcing steel will be delivered to the site throughout the month. Deliveries occur in the loading zone on 25th Ave SW.
- We will have Five crews on site during the month of January:
- The Mechanical team will continue their underground and suspended slab work and miscellaneous work.
- The Electrical team will be working on miscellaneous electrical work.
- The Waterproofing team will continue their work as the parkade is built.
- The Forming team will be working on the walls and suspended slabs of the parkade, Level 1 and Level 2.
- The Rebar team will be working on the exterior walls, columns and slab forming ahead of the concrete pours.
The work at Prospect Trail has been completed for the winter. The new staircase and other components are now open to the public. A crew will be back on site in the spring to complete any remaining landscaping work and attend to miscellaneous repairs.
Should you require additional information about the Prospect Trail or Triangle Park improvements, please contact Ron Buchan at The City of Calgary (email@example.com or 403.370.9370).
The Primary Construction Contact is Russ Douglas (firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.589.7698).
- There will be various trucks onsite Monday to Friday for delivery of the backfill materials, rebar deliveries, and concrete pours.
- Deliveries will take place in the loading zone of 25th Ave SW.
- All work will be completed during The City of Calgary Bylaws as per our permit (Monday-Saturday 7am – 10pm).
- During large pours (Suspended Slab, Main Floors, etc.), work may continue passed the normal working hours. However, all work will be completed in accordance with the City of Calgary’s Noise Exemption Permits.
- When needed, we have trained traffic controllers on our site in order to guide our trucks and local traffic safely and efficiently.
Site Safety Measures
- Signage, barriers, fencing, pylons and traffic control personnel are all utilized on the site to ensure the safety of pedestrians and motorists.
- Please obey any signs or traffic control personnel when near this site. They are all there for your safety.
- The crane on site operates within the property lines of our site and is used to assist with deliveries taking place on 25th Ave SW. The crane does not swing over neighbouring properties.
- This construction site will remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic as we are deemed an essential service by the provincial government. We continue to stay informed with up-to-date information, follow all guidelines and meet all standards put in place by the Province of Alberta to ensure we are doing our part in keeping everyone safe.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.