Chef Curtis McCarty from The Roxborough Retirement Residence serves up a wonderful potato recipe for you to try! This beautiful potato gratin will be a crowd favourite! Serve with your favourite roast.
|Yellow Potatoes (washed)
- Simmer potatoes over medium heat until tender, but still firm.
- Drain potatoes, and set on a pan until cool enough to handle.
- Peel and cut potatoes into dice approximately ½ inch x ½ inch in size.
- Combine with the mornay sauce.
- Brush muffin tins with melted butter
- Spoon potato mixture into muffin pans
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for about 25 minutes until hot and browned.
|All Purpose Flour
|2C Litre Milk
|Salt & Pepper
|Grated swiss cheese
|¼ Cup oz
|Grated parmesan cheese
- Start with a heavy bottom saucepan heated to low heat. Melt the butter in the saucepan.
- Add the flour- mixing with a wooden spoon, cooking for one minute while you keep it moving so that it does not stick or burn.
- Add milk into the pot, whisking while you pour.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high. And whisk constantly, keeping the sauce moving and making sure nothing sticks and burns at the bottom of the pot.
- Bring the bechamel sauce to a boil and let boil for 1 minute.
- Take the sauce off the heat.
- Now, you have a basic bechamel sauce to act as a base for your Mornay Sauce.
- Add in 1/4 cup of freshly grated swiss cheese and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Mix the cheese in until it is melted completely.
- Mix in a pinch of nutmeg, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside the mornay cheese sauce while you prepare potatoes