Thank you for your interest in the Riverwalk Senior Living Retirement Residence. We are sending this update in order to keep you informed and up to date on the project and how it may affect you.
- Detailed Excavation will be completed early September.
- Backfill of the site will begin mid-September.
- Concrete trucks and a pump will be on site most days as the team continues the footings and columns for the structure.
- Reinforcing steel will be delivered to site throughout the month. Deliveries will happen in the loading zone on 25th Ave SW.
- The Crane is now operational.
- We will have Four new crews on site during September.
- The Geothermal team will be starting their connections.
- The Mechanical team will begin the underground work.
- The Waterproofing team will be working along the shoring walls.
- The Shotcrete team will be working on the foundations.
- The Park Renovations have been complete, and the Park has reopened to the public.
- The second of the infrastructure projects involves connectivity enhancements to Prospect Trail, including a new pathway from Cliff Street SW to a new staircase linking to the existing trail network that runs along the slope from north to south and extends to Hillcrest Avenue SW. Improvements will be made to the surface of the trail and a section of in-slope timber stairs with a handrail will be added to a particularly steep section. With final design approval now having been granted by The City of Calgary, the work is about to be tendered and will hopefully get underway shortly, weather depending. If the duration of the work is such that it cannot be completed before end of the season, construction may be delayed until next spring. Note that this work is being undertaken in conjunction with Parks Capital.
Should you require additional information about either of these projects, please contact Parks Community Strategist for Centre City, Ron Buchan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 370-9370.
Primary Construction Contact is Russ Douglas (email@example.com or (403) 589-7698).
- There will be dump trucks on sight (Monday to Friday) for bulk excavation and backfill.
- Deliveries will take place in the loading zone of 25th Ave SW
- All work will be completed during The City of Calgary Bylaws as per our permit (Monday-Saturday 7am- 10pm)
- There are two site entrances. The main entrance is in the alley connecting 4 St SW and 5 St SW so that we impede traffic as little as possible. The secondary entrance is located on 25 Ave SW, which may have smaller vehicles entering/exiting the site from time to time.
- When needed, we have trained traffic controllers on our site in order to guide our trucks and local traffic safely and efficiently.
Site Safety Measures
- Signage, barriers, fencing, pylons and traffic control personnel are all utilized on the site to ensure the safety of pedestrians and motorists.
- Please obey any signs or traffic control personnel when near this site. They are all there for your safety.
- The Crane on site will be used within the property lines of our site and it will be used to assist with deliveries taking place on 25th Ave SW. The crane is not permitted to swing over neighbouring properties.
- This construction site will remain open during the Covid-19 pandemic as we are deemed an essential service by the Alberta Government. We will continue to stay informed with updated information and follow all guidelines and meet all standards put in place by the Alberta Government to ensure we are doing our part in keeping everyone safe.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.