Dear Neighbours –
Thank you for your interest in the Riverwalk Retirement Residence. We are sending this update to keep you apprised of its progress and how the construction may affect you.
- Backfilling of the foundations will continue through the second week of November.
- Concrete trucks and a pump will be onsite most days as the team continues their concrete pours. The Slab-on-Grade (SOG) pour is scheduled for the week of November 9th.
- Reinforcing steel will be delivered to the site throughout the month. Deliveries occur in the loading zone on 25th Ave SW.
- We will have seven crews on site during the month of November:
- The Geothermal team will be working on completing their connections.
- The Mechanical team will continue their underground and miscellaneous work.
- The Electrical team will be working on miscellaneous electrical work.
- The Waterproofing team will be working along the shoring walls and installing the Radon barrier.
- The Forming team will be working on the exterior walls, SOG and suspended slab.
- The Rebar team will be working on the exterior walls, columns and slab forming ahead of the concrete pours.
- The Excavation team will be working on backfilling the site.
Installation of the foundation components for the new staircase will be completed the week of November 9th. Work on the trail resurfacing, addition of a section of in-slope timber stairs and grading work for a new connecting pathway from the base of the staircase to Cliff Street SW will continue throughout November, weather depending.
Should you require additional information about the Prospect Trail improvements, please contact Ron Buchan at The City of Calgary (email@example.com or 403.370.9370). The Primary Construction Contact is Russ Douglas (firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.589.7698).
- There will be dump trucks onsite Monday to Friday for delivery of the backfill materials.
- Deliveries will take place in the loading zone of 25th Ave SW.
- All work will be completed during The City of Calgary Bylaws as per our permit (Monday-Saturday 7am – 10pm).
- When needed, we have trained traffic controllers on our site in order to guide our trucks and local traffic safely and efficiently.
Site Safety Measures
- Signage, barriers, fencing, pylons and traffic control personnel are all utilized on the site to ensure the safety of pedestrians and motorists.
- Please obey any signs or traffic control personnel when near this site. They are all there for your safety.
- The crane on site operates within the property lines of our site and is used to assist with deliveries taking place on 25th Ave SW. The crane does not swing over neighbouring properties.
- This construction site will remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic as we are deemed an essential service by the provincial government. We continue to stay informed with up-to-date information, follow all guidelines and meet all standards put in place by the Province of Alberta to ensure we are doing our part in keeping everyone safe.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.