Thank you for your interest in the Riverwalk Senior Living Retirement Residence project. In order to keep you informed and up-to-date, we have outlined what’s coming up in March and
how it may affect you.
- The geothermal drilling will be finishing up in the first half of March.
- Starting March 2020, we will have a new rig and crew on site. They will be drilling around the edges of the property for the piling.
- We will also have concrete trucks in and out of the site daily throughout the month.
Traffic and Noise
- The geothermal and piling crews will be on-site six days a week, and only be drilling during the times our permits state: Monday
Saturday 7am – 10pm
- There is a generator running 24/7 on-site. The generator is enclosed in order to help reduce noise and is below the noise levels, per the City of Calgary bylaws.
- We have two site entrances. The main entrance is in the alley connecting 4 St SW and 5 St SW, to ensure traffic is impeded as little as possible. The secondary entrance is located on 25 Ave SW, which may have smaller vehicles entering and exiting the site.
- When needed, we have trained traffic controllers on our site in order to guide our trucks safely and efficiently.
- There are currently no lane closures.
- The sidewalk around the site is still open. There is protective hoarding and overhead protection for those who use the sidewalk, but it’s recommended to use the sidewalks away from the construction site, if possible.
Site Safety Measures
- Signage, barriers, fencing, pylons and traffic control personnel are all utilized on the construction site to ensure the safety of pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists.
- Please obey any signs or traffic control personnel when near the construction site. They are all there for your safety.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.