Thank you for your interest in the Riverwalk Senior Living Retirement Residence. We are sending this update in order to keep you informed on the project and how it may affect you.
- The drilling will continue with two rigs in the month of May. One drilling rig will leave the site early in the month and we are on schedule to complete all drilling on May 26, 2020.
- Saturdays will be full working days throughout the month of May. No drilling will be performed over the weekends, but we will be removing excess fill from the site via dump trucks.
- The site will be closed on May 18, 2020, for Victoria Day.
- Bulk excavation of the site will begin at the end of May 2020.
- The shoring rigs and crew will be on-site five days a week (Monday – Friday).
- The dump trucks removing the excess fill from the site will be working Saturdays.
- All work will be completed from Monday to Saturday, 7 am – 10 pm, per our permit and in accordance with The City of Calgary bylaws.
- ENMAX has connected temporary power to the site and we will be removing the generator on May 7.
- There are two site entrances. The main entrance is in the alley connecting 4th St SW and 5th St SW so that we impede traffic as little as possible. The secondary entrance is located on 25 Ave SW, which may have smaller vehicles entering and exiting the site from time to time.
- When needed, we have trained traffic controllers on our site in order to guide our trucks and local traffic safely and efficiently.
- The sidewalks on 25 Ave SW and 5th Street SW remain open. There are protective hoarding and overhead protection for those who use the sidewalks, but it is recommended pedestrians use the sidewalks away from the site whenever possible.
Site Safety Measures
- Signage, barriers, fencing, pylons, and traffic control personnel are all utilized on the site to ensure the safety of pedestrians and motorists.
- Please obey any signs or traffic control personnel when near this site. They are all there for your safety.
- This construction site will remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic, as we are deemed an essential service by the Alberta Government. We will continue to stay informed with updated information, follow all guidelines, and meet all standards put in place by the Alberta Government to ensure we are doing our part in keeping everyone safe.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.