VERVE SENIOR LIVING ANNOUNCES THE START OF A NEW PROJECT IN PORT CREDIT.
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Oct 2, 2018 — Diversicare Canada Management Services Co. Inc.: Verve Senior Living officials joined development partners along with municipal and provincial government representation to celebrate the ground breaking of The Shores of Port Credit – Verve’s newest Senior Living Community in Port Credit.
Mayor Bonnie Crombie kicked off the ceremony by talking about the positive impact this lakeside development will have within the thriving and exciting Village of Port Credit and the much-needed seniors housing.
The Shores of Port Credit Senior Living Community will consist of two eight-storey rental buildings joined by a two-storey lobby and atrium on Lakeshore Road West adjacent to Credit Landing Shopping Centre to the east and Benson Ave. to the west. Lining High Street will be 16 condominium townhomes complete with personal elevators and roof top terraces. All residents will be served by the secure underground parking and multiple new retail shops and restaurants for all to enjoy on Lakeshore Rd. W.
The Adult Lifestyle Residence is a 141-unit apartment building designed for independent seniors who are looking for high-end rental options with exceptional services and amenities to meet their active lives and keep them in the community they know and love. A combination of one and two-bedroom units each with outdoor terraces or balconies come with enviable views and emergency support anytime of the day or night. The amenities list is complete with a pool, fitness and exercise club, a golf simulator lounge and wine cellar.
The Retirement Residence is a 161-suite, full-service senior living rental building designed for all levels of independence. 101 suites within this residence are designed for those seniors who seek the convenience of retirement living with services such as meals, housekeeping and wellness programs always available and a selection of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites with large outdoor terraces or balconies are available for everyone.
Residents will dine in the style they choose selecting the formal dining room or, for casual fare, the bistro. Amenities within this residence aim to take resident health and wellness straight on offering a hydrotherapy pool within a comprehensive wellness spa complete with physiotherapy and a menu of spa services. The Shores offers a theatre, advanced learning and activity centre with multiple socializing and active spaces to keep your friendships alive and your mind active.
On the second and third floors within the Retirement Residence are four highly specialized households; the Assisted Living Households and Memory Care Households will be home to seniors who require enhanced support to live each day with dignity and joy. Specially trained staff and unique design elements within each Household work to enable seniors with physical frailties and dementia related illnesses live their best life possible.
“A lot has changed over the last 40 years that we have been building communities and serving seniors in Canada. We believe that today’s senior wants to live in integrated communities with roots that tie them to the places they know, says Joseph Gesualdi, Director, Development Planning at Verve. This is the largest community we have built to date and we are excited to see this project break ground and thrilled to be bringing this level of service and design to the Port Credit area.”
Hallmarks of the Verve Senior Living innovation include the comprehensive service offering and the choice of using geothermal technology in new developments. Gesualdi, The Shores is unique. We estimate that less than 5% of the market is utilizing this sustainable energy source and we have committed to geothermal within our development vision.”
Gesualdi, The design innovation and energy efficiency of The Shores of Port Credit is something that we all can all be proud of. The construction is going to take about 2 years to complete – we are ready and excited to see this incredible community rise up on Lakeshore.”
Community Quick Facts:
- Senior Living Community, The Shores of Port Credit; 16 townhomes, 141 rental apartments, 161 rental retirement residence with Assisted Living and Memory Care; total 318 units,
- 280 & 270 Lakeshore Rd. W., including 500 feet frontage, west of Credit Landing Shopping Centre and east of Benson Ave.,
- Studio, 1-bedroom, 1-bedroom + den, 2 bedroom, 2-bedroom + den suites and apartments,
- Underground secure parking, swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, wellness spa, fitness club, restaurant, bistro, café, golf simulator, wine cellar and tasting lounge, theatre, games room and great room with library ,
- 24-hour emergency services, health and wellness support and (Retirement Residence) full-servicelifestyle support,
- Planned opening early 2021.Geothermal Quick Facts:
- Geothermal/ground source energy harnessed for heating, cooling, residential hot water including pools and snow melt system,
- 167 bore holes drilled 600 vertical feet below the development [same as a 60-storey high-rise building straight down],
- 200,000 linear feet of closed loop piping to exchange the heat energy of the earth,
- When operating, on site zero-emissions for all elements related to ground source heating and cooling,
- Calculated annual savings of 200 tons of carbon emissions when compared to a new development of the same size using carbon based, fossil fuel systems such as natural gas.Verve Senior Living, owned by Diversicare Canada Management Services Co. Inc., operating 33 senior living residences across Canada. This Canadian company has been in business since 1977 and has a long-standing award- winning record of quality operations.